Free Baby Quilt Pattern
A few weeks ago, I created a little baby quilt pattern, I"m calling, "Twinkle, twinkle." It is quick and easy. Since it was not accepted for a publication I decided to offer it here free. :) I don't sell my patterns online yet, maybe one day, but that day isn't now.
Here is how you make it. Feel free to copy and paste.
Twinkle, twinkle 40" square
Small stars - will make 8 of these
- of print cut one 4 1/2" strip width of fabric
- of this strip, cut eight 4 1/2" squares
- for each star cut four 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" pieces of white
- for each star cut eight 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" of solid
- draw (or eyeball) a diagonal line on each of the solid color squares, place them on either side of the white rectangles and sew on diagonal; cut 1/4" from seam to trim excess, fold open and press to make the white/solid HSTs
Large half square triangles (HST) - will make 12
- cut six 9" squares of print and six 9" squares of white
- draw diagonal line on each of the white squares and place right sides together on the printed squares; sew 1/4" on either side of the drawn line and cut on the line. Open and press to make the large HSTs.
Large center star
- of white cut four 8 1/2" squares
- of solid cut eight 4 1/2" squares
- for center cut one 8 1/2" square of print
- draw diagonal line on all solid 4 1/2" squares; place on bottom corners of white 8 1/2" squares and sew on diagonal line; cut 1/4" from line to trim excess. Press open to make four blocks of large start points.
Assemble together in rows as shown.
Have fun with it!